Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Presentation proposals

Last week I submitted some proposals for two conferences: ISTE and a university teacher-training program. Doing more formal presentations is a part of my growth plan for this year. I'm aiming to present at least once in a local, national and international conference.
I enjoyed the process but it was very difficult narrowing down a topic that I felt I had enough expertise in. I am quite picky when I attend conferences and I spend quite a bit time planning my schedule. I want to make sure I honour the attendees that may choose mine.

For ISTE:

  • Essential workflows for elementary school photo and video production [Proposal submission: Poster]
  • Gotcha! Using the power of headlines to drive student responsibility [Proposal submission: Snapshot]
  • Photoshopping fakes for the frugal photographer [Proposal submission: Creation lab]
Teacher candidate:
  • Don't do what we did: Practical ADST tips for the STEAMy classroom