Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Conference proposal accepted!

Over the Thanksgiving long weekend I received word that my proposal for the teacher candidate conference was accepted! I'm excited that my STEM colleague and I get a chance to show teacher candidates how things work (or don't work) in a real classroom setting. We have a couple of months now to gather materials and get some talking points down. I would like to focus on small, easy STEM projects they can do in their classrooms or makerspaces with a healthy dose of practicality. Sometimes real world situations don't mimic textbooks or university classes.

Another focus would the integration of the ADST curriculum into our classes. It can be daunting for a teacher to consider yet another curriculum piece on top of what they're already doing, but I hope to show that the ADST is quite a simple add-on to already full teaching days.