Thursday, October 17, 2019

My GoogleEI mentor

This month I'll be checking in with Julie, my GoogleEI mentor. It'll only be the second time I've chatted with her since we've both been busy with start of school things. I'm really excited to be working with her. When I was searching for a mentor in London I specifically only looked at mentors that had elementary school experience so I can get relevant feedback on my Digital Citizenship boardgame.

One of my favourite things from the Innovator academy was the clear timeline of the upcoming year. I was provided with a mentor/mentee book and a roadmap GDoc that will help Julie and me plan out our meetings. To be honest, I haven't had much time to think about my Data Mine boardgame but these timed meetings really help in forcing me to stick to a schedule. Otherwise nothing will get done!